Tuesday, April 20, 2010

i gotta wear shades

you know how some people know what they want to be when the grow up from the time they're like 8? i am not one of those people. i'm pretty sure that at the age of 8 i wanted to be an olympic gymnast. this is especially hilarious since i was already too tall for that particular career. not to mention the fact that i was a little chubby and a lot uncoordinated. i guess some things never change.  at 10 years old i had given up the far fetched dream of tumbling my little heart out in front of a worldwide audience and had moved on to something far more realistic. i was going to be famous. that's it. i had no plan for how or why i would reach such renown status, but that was my plan. too bad reality shows hadn't been invented yet. as i got older (and wiser) my dream of world domination didn't change much, but the reason for it did. see, at 10 i wanted to be famous just to be famous. at 12 i wanted to be famous so i could meet all the other famous people (especially boys...). at 15 i wanted to be famous so i could be rich. in my defense, i did have plans to spread my wealth among those less fortunate than me. by the time i was 19 i had discovered late night talk shows and my reasoning had reached it's apex. i was going to be famous so that i could appear on talk shows and dazzle the world further with my amazing personality. more than that, i was going to get on "late night with conan o'brien" for one reason and one reason only, to ask him this question: "can i touch your hair?" i mean, let's just face it, coco has the best hair in show business. hands down. i still secretly want this to happen. okay, not so secretly, but that is not the point. the point is, while i still have no plans for achieving fame and fortune, i have (FINALLY) figured out what i want to do with my life. as yet, i haven't really figured out how i'm going to get there, but my future's so bright...

6 comments:

Deon said...

Well, spill already! What? What do you want to do??? I'm so curious! I am so attracted to people who have a plan, who know where they are going, who have opinions. So cough it up, sister!!!

Coco + TBS = A Happy Ending (hopefully)

Lindsay said...

the plan part is still in the works but the end goal is to be working in youth and family educational programs for a major art museum. it's not gonna get on me conan's show, but i'll just have to work on an alternative plan for that...

Unknown said...

If and when you finally get on your late night talk show, please, please, please invite me to come with you. I secretly dream of being on them as well. I would also love to be on Oprah too!

Ashley said...

Gotta wear shades for that bright future! Do you have a particular museum in mind? This will probably land you in a really awesome and beautiful city.

Maren Ericson said...

Oh my gosh I've always wanted to be famous just so I can be on Ellen. hahaha. I just know I would make her laugh and people would love me. Skip all the things I have to do to be famous...I just want to be on Ellen...or Jimmy Fallon. Or both. Dang we should get a reality show asap.

Lindsay said...

oh maren, could you imagine us with a reality show? if i didn't hate them so much i'd totally go for it!
ashley: i'm not really picky about any particular museum, just a good one. which, of course, means a move to a big (fabulous) city. i have been applying for some stuff in new york lately, but i'm also looking at seattle, san francisco, san diego, and honolulu (because who wouldn't want to live in hawaii?).