Sunday, March 20, 2011

march madness

oh dear, where to begin. once upon a time (about a week ago) my boss handed me a blank copy of the ncaa men's basketball tournament bracket and told me to fill it out for the "office" pool. so i did. now i kinda wish i hadn't. see, the thing is, i really only watch games during the tournament, so going into it i pretty much haven't got a clue. i know who won last year and which teams consistently do well in the tourney, but beyond that i'm relying on instinct. by that i mean that i google the teams and make my selections based on an extremely scientific measure of athleticism and ability. okay, attractiveness. i pick my teams based on their relative level of attractiveness. there i said it. just don't tell the guys i beat in last year's pool, they'll be really upset and i will lose my falsely acquired respect and adoration. so this year, i used the same method, andi thought i had a pretty good shot, but i was TOTALLY WRONG!!!! my bracket is a mess. falling apart right before my eyes. it's really kind of depressing. march madness?! more like march sadness...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its posts like this that remind me why I love you.