Thursday, May 26, 2011

if it wasn't for bad luck, i wouldn't have any luck at all

remember that little bad luck streak i mentioned? well, it wasn't little. story of my life. we landed in hawaii on sunday and things were going great until i took my shoes off and found that my brand new pedicure was ruined. waste of time and money. boo! i woke up monday morning all sorts of itchy. i ignored the itch and went about my day, had a fabulous time at the polynesian cultural center where i decided to marry this guy:
but i digress. got up tuesday morning and hiked diamondhead
spent some time at the booger's track meet
went back to the hotel itching something awful and discovered that i had developed a lovely case of hives! if that wasn't bad enough, i lost my waterbottle and got a sunburn on wednesday. oh, and it's not over yet. dad and i went snorkeling again on thursday and i cut my foot on some coral

i know it doesn't look bad, and it really wasn't. until it got infected. then it was BAD! it was a good thing i was on a beautiful tropical island
because i couldn't fit my foot into regular shoes. i went to bed thursday night feeling gross. woke up friday morning feeling grosser. i had a migraine and relief was no where in sight. i didn't even go surfing. sad day. saturday wasn't great either. i had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to catch a flight back to the mainland. then our flight was delayed by the stupid tsa people and we were late arriving in seattle. this wouldn't have been such a big deal except that we landed right about the time our connecting was meant to leave. someone should have thought that through a little better. we managed to make the flight (no doubt due to someone else's luck and NOT mine).

in case you were wondering, the hives are gone, my sunburn has healed and my foot is back to it's normal shape and size. let's hope it stays that way :)

1 comment:

Maren Ericson said...

ahahahaha. Ohhh cousin. This makes me extremely sad...yet, I laughed through it. You make bad luck sound so funny and entertaining. Try to sound more awful next time :) ha. I really am sorry about your bad luck, though. Bummer deal for Hawaii. But at least you got to soak in some sun and see the ocean!