Sunday, December 4, 2011

when pigs take wing

hurry! go check outside! do you see them flying? no? are you sure? i thought for certain they would since i broke down and finally read the harry potter series. all seven books in 2 1/2 weeks. turns out, they're not awful. as a matter of fact, i actually really enjoyed them. i even cried. a couple of times. per book. well, not every book, but the last 4. i wept most of the way through the last one. i can't help it. i'm getting more emotional in my old age. don't judge me! honestly, i don't know why i waited so long to read these little gems, i should've done it sooner. the good news is, i can now watch the movies and i don't have to wait for the next one to come out.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Well finally! I always tell people who avoid faddish things just because they're faddish--like me--that these books are popular BECAUSE they are good, unlike so many other popular things. Yes, if a book can make you laugh and cry and bond to the characters, it is a good book. I'm so glad you like them. Which was your favorite?

Now let us know which movie adaptations you like the best. I kind of like the first one the best, just because I have nostalgic memories of seeing it with friends when I was 16, and because it gets a lot of the dialogue word for word. But it is definitely the corniest. The last several movies were the best made movies, and the acting is tons better. But anyway, I'm excited to hear what YOU think!

Deon said...

Why, yes. Yes, I do think I'm seeing pigs fly outside my window! They all say, "Lindsay finally read the HP books! And for that, we shall fly!!!"

Oh happy day, Lindsay! I'm so glad you are a believer now. Mark my words, the more you study and read these books, the more you will be convinced of J.K. Rowling's genius. Just wait.