Sunday, January 8, 2012

i know, they're called doctors...



well, i almost made it the first time around (6 years, but who's counting?) and now i've decided to go back.why? because i miss it. is that weird? probably, but i don't care. i am grateful for the education i have, but the degree that came with it isn't all that useful (as evidenced by the fact that i have had it for nearly 5 years and have yet to be employed in a job that requires any degree, let alone the one i have), so it is time to consider obtaining a second one. i though about graduate school, but, at this point, i think it might be better to go back and get a second baccalaureate. new major? i'll have to get back to you on that. i'm not good at anything useful which severely limits my prospects, but i'd love to hear you input on this. so, what should i study?

2 comments:

Chess said...

How exciting!! Where would you go to school? As for possible degrees... Well, you like to cook.... a culinary arts degree, perhaps?

Lisa said...

Holla for going back to school! I'm in a similar boat having majored in Sociology. I loved it and always planned on going to grad school but wanted to take a break and work and then there was that whole meltdown of the economy and then I got married and I'm a little bit stuck. I was thinking if I had to do it all over again I would have just majored in fun and been a PE teacher, and now I want to someday go back to school and do just that. I'm also debating second major vs. higher education with the teaching aspect of it, because higher education in most cases is always better than having multiple undergrad degrees. But then again, times have changed.

This comment brought to you by word verification: supeg