Friday, March 30, 2012

climb every mountain

one down, one billion to go. we climbed a mountain this week. and by we, i mean me and a bunch of my teens. and by mountain, i mean a foothill in southeast boise. but it counts, right? it's not an especially long hike (4 miles round trip) but it is relatively steep and i am still a little sore. i mean, my calves scream at me with every step and my shins aren't exactly comfortable either, but it was a really fun day. we even managed to do a trail clean-up along the way.
 it seems like such a long way. hope it doesn't rain on us!
 halfway there and the rainclouds are gone
view from the top
looks like we made it!
checking out some of the caves
and feeling like a superhero
"i'm watching you"
leaving it all cleaner than we found it.

did i mention that i got paid for this? i love my job. BEST. FIELD TRIP. EVER!!!!

No comments: