Thursday, May 27, 2010

for the love...

i just made about 6,000 rosettes for work. okay, that's an exaggeration. i only made 5,000 and by 5,000 i mean 30. still, that's a lot of rosettes. i must say, they turned out pretty cute, even if they are pink:
so, while i'm sewing these little buggers (by hand no less) i got to thinking about my new plan to embrace the life i'm living now and live it on purpose and all that. my plan of attack? post-it notes. i don't mean i plan to attack someone with post-its (although that would be borderline amazing...) i mean i'm going to attack my post-its. the thing is, i'm obsessed with post-its. the inventor should get a nobel prize or something.  post-its save lives. they save mine anyway. i use at least 12 a day. not kidding. don't believe me? enter exhibit A: my bathroom mirror (and yes, that is a giant poster of james dean in the background)
exhibit B: just above my nightstand (please ignore the hand lotion pump in the corner):

still not convinced? exhibit C: my bedroom wall (posted 3+ deep)
i rest my case.
so i have all these post-it notes and they represent about a thousand different things (i'm not exaggerating this time) from shopping lists to memorable quotes to crazy middle-of-the-night bursts of inspiration.  i am most concerned with the latter category.  i don't know why, but i get my best ideas in the wee small hours of the morning in those moments between sleep and wakefulness (kind of like right now), but i'm not about to drag myself out of bed to do anything about it.  let's face it, i barely follow through when i'm fully awake.  this is where post-its=life saver.  i keep a pile of blank ones on my nightstand. this way, the random flash of brilliance is not lost. i simply scribble it on a post-it, stick it to the wall and stare at it in disbelief when i finally do roll out of bed. genius i tell you. if only i could figure out a way to make them more legible. somehow, writing with your eyes closed doesn't lead to super readable notes. who knew? well, once i can figure out what they say, i'm gonna start following through with them. the feasible ones anyway. i hate to break it to you, and myself, but i don't think that a series of salt prints about noah's ark is a viable option. i don't even know how to make salt prints. yet...

2 comments:

Chess said...

Hahahaha! Wow. You weren't kidding, were you? That looks amazing. I don't seem to get bursts of inspiration anymore. Maybe that will come back once I graduate. :-)

Lindsay said...

mine only come when i least expect them and usually when i should be doing something else, you know, like sleeping. maybe, you're just sleeping through yours...