Saturday, May 1, 2010

mood music

way back in march i posted a list of things to do in the springtime. i hope you are taking advantage of the (occasional) spring weather and taking my advice. no? you haven't? SLACKERS! refresh your memory of the list and renew your commitment to spring enjoyment here. i have taken an extra step here and compiled for you an amazing playlist of songs to listen to while you check things off your list. just as the beach boys make me want to go surfing or celine dion makes me want to shoot myself in the foot, these songs put me in the mood to embrace all that this season has to offer. likewise, i hope it will put a spring in your step :)
please note that i have painstaking arranged these songs in the ideal order. shuffle if you must, but know that you are messing with perfection...
  1. here comes the sun-the beatles
  2. country roads-john denver
  3. alright with me-eric hutchinson
  4. hey soul sister-train
  5. stolen-dashboard confessional
  6. cecilia-simon & garfunkel
  7. here comes your man-the pixies
  8. these words-natasha bedingfield
  9. take the money and run-the steve miller band
  10. holiday-weezer
  11. you make my dreams-hall & oates
  12. the gardens of samson and beasley-pink martini
  13. feels like today-rascal flatts
  14. sweet afton-nickel creek
  15. blue skies-ella fitzgerald
  16. be ok-ingrid michaelson
  17. let's fall in love-frank sinatra
  18. sky-joshua radin (feat. ingrid michaelson)
  19. crawl-chris brown
  20. time to pretend-mgmt

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you put Cecelia on there. That song was so amazing in concert. Totally gave me a greater appreciation of Simon & Garfunkel!

Whit Sariah said...

um, i love love it! all of it!

Chess said...

Love the background on your blog. And I love that you have the Beatles AND John Denver together. John Denver knows the words to sing to my soul. ;-)