Monday, June 28, 2010

lessons in awesome: part 1

i recently had a discussion with a friend of mine who, as it turns out, thinks i'm super awesome. i am inclined to agree. as a service to this awesome impaired friend, and all the rest of you, i have taken it upon myself to enlighten the world as to how to be awesome. let the record show that, try as you may, you will never live up to my level of awesome. it's just not possible. sorry, i didn't make the rules. at any rate, you can increase your level of amazing by mastering the following lessons:
lesson #1: just pretend it never happened. if it's not awesome i refuse to acknowledge it. people, places, things and events. you will be amazed at how easy this really is. you may have to thin the herd a little bit and stop spending time with "friends" that are lametards, but it's so worth it, and the less time you spend with them, the more time you have to devote to your own awesomeness. with any luck, they will take a cue from you and develop their own. don't go where you don't want to be. it's that simple. same goes for things. awkward moments? non-existent. the thing is, it's only awkward if you let it be. pretend it didn't happen. blow right by. ignore it. do that and the awkwardness is gone. for realsies.
there it is, your first lesson in awesome. ready, set...GO!
p.s. please report back on your progress so that i will know when it is time for lesson 2...

2 comments:

Chess said...

Man, I say so many awkward things, but I pretend I didn't, or I say out loud, "Wow, that was awkward!!" and then, everybody laughs, and nobody cares. I think I've got that one down. You can give me lesson 2, although I think I've got such a handle on awesomeness, that your lessons will just be a reminder. ;-)

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you posted this lesson. I have been wondering how I could increase my own awesomeness lately and this couldn't come at a better time! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! :)