Wednesday, June 2, 2010

yeah, that sounds about right

i was having a discussion with a friend of mine and i mentioned this little blog of mine (of which he was totally unaware. figures) and his reaction was a little disconcerting. and by a little, i mean a lot. he said something about how he could totally picture me blogging. i realize that doesn’t read as offensive, but it sure sounded it.  he was all smug when he said it too. clearly, he has never experienced the sheer awesomeness of my ranting.  okay, that’s not true. he’s heard it many a time, but he’s never read it.  so what does he know? yes, i am a blogger. i use this public forum to express my thoughts, feelings and opinions. yes, i rant and rave a little bit. what of it? i like it here in the blogosphere. i like getting these things out and knowing that someone, somewhere is reading it and maybe even agreeing with me.i really like when people leave comments. i think my points are valid, and interesting. whether you agree with me or not, i think it is important to open yourself up to the world, to share what makes you unique and wonderful. most of all, i like that being here, doing this, allows me to share me with you. i get to be a part of your life, and you get to be a part of mine in a way that isn’t possible in any other arena. i am a fan of the whole thing. so, unnamed friend that is judging me for doing this, i say to you, what are you doing to share you?
that’s what i thought.

3 comments:

Deon said...

I love that you blog. I love that you open yourself up for others to see your views, your take on the world. Only minutes ago I read a newspaper article wherein a blogger described blogging as the 2010 version of talking over the back fence with your neighbor like in the 1950's, except with blogging we're talking across the country and not just a back fence. Keep it up, Lindsay. I'm reading.

Ashley said...

I like that you share with us too! And what is a BLOGGER, anyway? There are a ton of different kind of blogs and bloggers. No one can peg you. And what is blogging but a less abbreviated, less public, more expressive kind of Facebook? Keep it up!!

Beth said...

You go girl! Blog to your hearts content!