Friday, June 18, 2010

sing a song of sixpence

i have found my calling in life. okay, okay, i know i've said that before, but i'm pretty sure i warned you about my indecision. maybe i didn't. i don't remember. at any rate, i may be the most indecisive and restless person you'll ever know. i change my mind about everything multiple times before i settle on anything, and even then i may change my mind. this week my future occupation is that of jingle singer. i may never be a pop star, but i'm musical enough to be the voice you hear at the end of a commercial singing some cheesy line like "hoover, nobody does it like you." i honestly can't imagine that it takes much talent to obtain a job like that. plus, you probably don't have to work very hard, which makes it the ideal position for a lazy person like me. i have no intention of writing these jingles, i have no skill for that sort of thing, but that is beside the point. there's just one little hitch in my master plan, i haven't a clue how one becomes a singer of jingles. do you? no? that's what i thought. well, at any rate, i am officially offering my services should any of you need them.

2 comments:

Chess said...

I always roll my eyes at commercial jingles, because I'm like, "I'm good enough to do that!" but I couldn't tell you how to start. Let me know when you find out. We could market ourselves as jingle duet-ers. :-)

Unknown said...

I remember as kids my brothers and I would sing jingle songs all the way from Logan to Provo. I'm pretty sure we drove our parents nuts, but I think it's fun. Being a Jingle Singer would be a fun profession! I hope someone gives you advice on how to become one. I'd love to be able to say that was my cousin singing that song!