Tuesday, July 12, 2011

sounds of summer

i can't believe it has taken me so long to put this together, but i have FINALLY compiled my summer playlist. this one isn't so much summer themed as it is full of the songs i'll be listening to all summer. some new obsessions, some old favorites, and some totally influenced by my job (i'll bet you can guess which ones...). at any rate, they are all playing on my ipod daily and i don't care who knows!


1. the sound of sunshine by michael franti and spearhead
    because it sounds like summer
2. you always make me smile by kyle andrews
    because this song makes me smile
3. modern nature by sondre lurche (sawn-dray lurk-ay)
    because i like to say this dude's name
4. price tag by jessie j
    because she just wanna make the world dance
5. tonight tonight by hot chelle rae
    because it's my party and i'll dance if i want to
6. am i the only one? by dierks bentley
    because every party has a pooper, but it ain't dierks!
7. party rock anthem by lmfao
    because i hear this song 15 times a day and i don't hate it yet
8. barefoot blue jean night by jake owen
    because summer is all about barefoot, blue jean nights
9. say you like me by we the kings
    because life would be so much easier if you would just say you like me
10. lip gloss by lil mama
    because there are people who didn't believe this song existed and i am not okay with that!
11. pretty girl rock by keri hilson
    because confidence goes a LONG way
12. i hate boys by christina aguilerra
    because i do
13. water by brad paisley
    because it pretty much encompases what i love about summer and because i love brad paisley
14. barbara streisand by duck sauce
    because it's fun and that is what summer is all about
15. blow away by a fine frenzy
    because. just because.
16. lover lover by jerrod niemann
    because it's a great song for driving country roads in the middle of nowhere
17. count on me by bruno mars
    because it's sweet, but not sickeningly so
18. who says by selena gomez
    because i like to sing along to it. don't judge me.
19. bright lights bigger city by cee lo
    because i love cee lo, but i'm getting bored with "forget you"
20. somebody to love by justin bieber
    because i've been spending too much time with maren ;)

1 comment:

Maren Ericson said...

pahahaha! LOVE. And I am super happy about "Who Says"...Abby and I sing to that song quite often. We laugh about the lyrics the whole song, but can't stop liking it!