Wednesday, August 1, 2012

dear author

dear bram,
i do not particularly care for your book. however, you have provided a suitable nickname for a certain someone so i thank you.
sincerely,
disappointed

dear shakespeare,
why did you even write romeo and juliet? genuinely one of my very least favorite literary works of all time. it doesn't help that everybody and their dog thinks it's super romantic. it's not. not at all.

sincerely,
confused

dear tolkien,
i know there are people who will hate me for this, but i've never much cared whether or not people agree with me so i'm just going to put this out there: the hobbit is about a hundred times better than the rest of your books. i'm genuinely looking forward to the movie release.
sincerely,
excited

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have always felt the same way about Romeo and Juliet and the Hobbit!

Deon said...

Haha! I have to admit that The Hobbit is definitely a more enjoyable read than the other three in the series, however, I have to champion those other books for the simple fact that they really are hard to slog through at times, but because of the fact that I actually have slogged through them, I love them all the more. Say what, now? I know. Don't mind me.